Weight loss seems a frustrating venture to some. While others think that it’s an opportunity to look better, some find it as a time waster. Though you might think that losing weight is a fad that would soon go away, you can’t deny the fact that you have once thought of getting through hell just to slim down.
The market is filled with thousands of weight loss promises. With products ranging from pills to drinks and services, it is unlikely that the market is an arena of product battles. The fact is these pills can work.
They can be the pivotal changes in your weight loss efforts. However, with all the product commotion in the market, it’s hard to discern which products are the best, the safest and the most efficient.
If this is your concern, then start jotting down the following tricks.
- Straighten your facts. There is no such thing as ‘magic pills’ or ‘quick fixes’. Even with weight loss pills, you can’t expect to shed inches and pounds within 1 weeks’ time. It may take a couple of weeks or so to visibly notice the results. There are, though, specific pills which can increase weight loss if coupled with proper dieting and exercise.
- Know your pills. There are thousands of pills in the market with more than a dozen of types, hundreds of names and countless manufacturers and producers. It is important that you know what a specific type is, how it works and for whom.
- Carbohydrate Blockers – Since you can’t completely get rid of carbs in your diet, companies have designed carb blockers. These are compounds which aim to inhibit the ability of the body’s enzyme to digest carbohydrates.
- Thermogenics – These are weight loss pills which can be used by anyone. The pill increases metabolism and body temperature. In turn, the body burns off calories and fat.
- Fat Blockers – They are similar with carbohydrate blockers by mechanism of action. However, they differ from the target of action. While carb blockers aim for carbohydrate-related enzymes, fat blockers target fat-converting enzymes.
- Thyroid regulators – These pharmaceuticals tamper with the thyroid gland’s hormonal production. Since the gland is responsible for the regulation of metabolism, altering its function can induce weight loss or gain depending on the type of alteration.
- Appetite suppressors – Their goal is to decrease your craving for foods.
- Cortisol Blockers – Cortisol is a hormone responsible for fat deposition. Blocking it is blocking fat stocks.
- Think of your preference and convenience. Which of these will work out for you? If you don’t want to miss meals, then get rid of suppressors. If you want to eat carbs without stocking, then go for blockers.
- Always read the label. Make sure that understand whatever is written on it.
One thing to note: consult your doctor if you are doubtful. It will never be easy to choose a weight loss pill. However, given the accurate and factual information, it can be a little less than a headache.